Dropship with small and independent retailers
When you enter the world of dropshipping, it can be tempting to list as many products as you can, from as many vendors as possible. But you shouldn’t!
The most successful dropshipping sites are those which focus on relevancy and quality. Spend time curating high-quality products from small, independent brands. Think about your brand and the customer experience your site offers. Make sure your audience is always at the back of your mind. When you curate a carefully chosen selection of vendors who all appeal to your target market, your site is destined to attract a loyal customer base and in turn generate higher sales.
We know that dropshipping with independent vendors can pose problems, though. That’s where Jetti comes in. Jetti is here to help you make a roaring success of dropshipping with those lesser-known, smaller vendors. Here’s how we can help you.
Why smaller vendors are reluctant to dropship
Once you’ve identified the vendors you want to work with, we know that neither you, nor your vendors, want to waste hours manually entering crucial information like inventory levels, shipping data or order information.
Most smaller vendors are concerned about the idea of dropshipping itself, particularly with regard to its effects on their workload. They have minimal staff, with no technology resource or experience, which inevitably causes a lot of resistance and concern. Smaller vendors simply don’t want to waste their valuable time emailing complicated CSV files, or logging into external systems to keep a constant watch on their orders and inventory. But with Jetti, you don’t have to do any of that!
Jetti is here to take the stress and hassle out of drop-shipping. You can fully automate shipping, orders payments and inventory all within a single system.
How jetti works
Jetti connects seamlessly with your vendors’ e-commerce stores. Here’s how it works:
- A customer orders items from your Shopify store. The order might include items from a selection of different vendors. No problem.
- Jetti automatically raises a purchase order for each vendor. The order is placed directly with each vendor’s store, and it ships just like any other order would.
- Track shipments right to the customer’s door, all through a single system.
- Vendor invoices come straight back to you and can be paid automatically via PayPal.
- Sales and vendor invoices are exported to your accounting software. Without you having to do a thing.
By integrating directly with the vendors system, they can just ship your orders like any other placed in their store. Taking away this technology barrier will make it far easier to convince smaller vendors to work with you.
With smaller vendors in mind, we also have some other features to help:
Shipping labels, sorted
Working with smaller vendors is no issue. Jetti creates shipping labels straight from your carrier account. We can even create labels via our discounted USPS accounts. It’s just one click to create and print your label.
Fully automated and ready to go
Payments are fully automated and the whole process is seamless. Take a look at all the ecommerce platforms Jetti can be integrated with here. With Jetti, the world really is your oyster - and your store is destined for greatness.
Sync with your vendors
Time is money in the world of e-commerce. Within Jetti, you can sync and publish products from your vendors, so your store will always be one step ahead of the competition.
Jetti’s groundbreaking technology has connected merchants to thousands of small, independent vendors who might never have considered drop-shipping in the past.
Smaller vendors are, understandably, risk averse in their nature. So it makes perfect sense that many smaller vendors may have a few questions about how Jetti will enable them to work with you. Here’s how you can get smaller, independent vendors on board.
- Introduce Jetti. We recommend you kick off with a short introduction to Jetti, so everyone is clear on how Jetti’s automation will make life simpler!
- Get the info. Firstly, you’ll need to know how your vendor wants to be paid. We recommend Stripe - it’s one of the top software platforms for running an internet business, handling billions every year. Next discuss the products you’d like to sell. Ensure you consider which products best suit your audience - remember, when it comes to successful e-commerce stores, it’s all about the quality, not the quantity.
- Pitch Jetti. Spend 10 minutes explaining how Jetti works to your chosen vendor. Focus on how little work there is to do, their side. If they need further information, you can send over our setup guides.
- Time to sell. Agree your commission rate, finalise the details and you’re ready to start selling!
Remember, the Jetti support team is always here to help you nurture great relationships with your vendors. If you have any problems, just get in touch.
Is it time to try jetti?
Get in touch with our team for a free demonstration. We believe you’ll be impressed.